Emily and I would like to apologize for not blogging for SO long, but we have some really good excuses! In the last four and a half months we've accomplished quite a lot. You would have gotten a lot more detail if we had kept up, but here are the highlights in more or less chronological order back to July:
1. Abby had a great birthday party. She had lots of friends over and one of the highlights was to throw water balloons at her dad.
2. July was spent looking for a house, going on a mini vacation to Lake Michigan, packing the apartment, finishing the dissertation...
3. In August Benjamin turned 30 and successfully defended his dissertation (Emily got to watch it on Skype). We also moved to Iowa, closed on our first house, sent Abigail off to kindergarten (she loves it, of course), started the job as an assistant professor and had friends from Michigan and family from Utah come to visit. It was a very good month!
4. September was all about settling into our new place. We got a new freezer and all got sick. Here are some random pictures of our place, inside and out. The last one is of Emily paying the Wii fit in the basement...
5. This October (and up to the present) Benjamin got called as the Elder's Quorum President (again) and Emily is the Primary Chorister. Benson just started crawling right at 6 months and he is just beginning to experiment with solid foods. Benjamin's Parents came to visit just before leaving on their mission to Russia and in two days Benjamin will get surgery for the herniated disk in his neck.
Well, sorry it had to be such a quick update. Hopefully we'll be a little more diligent in the coming months!